PDA

View Full Version : New mobo installed but no display.

news.blueyonder.co.uk
October 16th 04, 05:10 PM
I've just installed a GA-7N400 PRO 2.0

So far the CPU & fan, memory, FDD, power switch and Radeon 9500 Pro is
connected.

However when I power up, there is no display. The green light on my monitor
just flashes. My 9500 was working fine on my Asus mobo. The system memory
light is on to indicate that my DIMMs are working.

Have I missed something? I'm praying that my 9500 is compatible although I
can't see any links on Gigabyte's site for compatibility issues. Please
help!

Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me.

David

Blaedmon
October 16th 04, 09:15 PM
check on the Gigabyte site the ago slot ISNT 1.5v only. I'm not sure, but
arent radeon 9500's 1.7v? Worth a check anyway.

"news.blueyonder.co.uk" > wrote in message
. uk...
> I've just installed a GA-7N400 PRO 2.0
>
> So far the CPU & fan, memory, FDD, power switch and Radeon 9500 Pro is
> connected.
>
> However when I power up, there is no display. The green light on my
> monitor
> just flashes. My 9500 was working fine on my Asus mobo. The system memory
> light is on to indicate that my DIMMs are working.
>
> Have I missed something? I'm praying that my 9500 is compatible although I
> can't see any links on Gigabyte's site for compatibility issues. Please
> help!
>
> Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me.
>
> David

Billy
October 17th 04, 03:47 AM
Did you read the very first page of
your manual? It says it will not work with agp video card that has the 3.3
volt or 2X notch or jumper set at 3.3 volt.

"news.blueyonder.co.uk" > wrote in message
. uk...
> I've just installed a GA-7N400 PRO 2.0
>
> So far the CPU & fan, memory, FDD, power switch and Radeon 9500 Pro is
> connected.
>
> However when I power up, there is no display. The green light on my
monitor
> just flashes. My 9500 was working fine on my Asus mobo. The system memory
> light is on to indicate that my DIMMs are working.
>
> Have I missed something? I'm praying that my 9500 is compatible although I
> can't see any links on Gigabyte's site for compatibility issues. Please
> help!
>
> Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me.
>
> David

David
October 17th 04, 06:46 PM
It's okay, I've solved the problem and it's far more embarrassing than I
thought: I forgot to plug in the 12v ATX power connector! My Asus and other
previous mobos never had one of these. Now I know what that square connector
is for that I always find with the rest of the power connectors in a case!
You live and learn eh?

Thanks anyway.

David

P.S. I've got another problem, please see in group.

"news.blueyonder.co.uk" > wrote in message
. uk...
> I've just installed a GA-7N400 PRO 2.0
>
> So far the CPU & fan, memory, FDD, power switch and Radeon 9500 Pro is
> connected.
>
> However when I power up, there is no display. The green light on my
> monitor
> just flashes. My 9500 was working fine on my Asus mobo. The system memory
> light is on to indicate that my DIMMs are working.
>
> Have I missed something? I'm praying that my 9500 is compatible although I
> can't see any links on Gigabyte's site for compatibility issues. Please
> help!
>
> Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me.
>
> David

Brett...
October 19th 04, 07:14 PM
David wrote:
> It's okay, I've solved the problem and it's far more embarrassing
> than I thought: I forgot to plug in the 12v ATX power connector! My
> Asus and other previous mobos never had one of these. Now I know what
> that square connector is for that I always find with the rest of the
> power connectors in a case! You live and learn eh?

Hey I did this myself just last week!
My previos Asus Athlon mb didn't have the ATX socket either!
I bet you felt a sudden rush of joy when you spotted that empty socket, I
know I did!

--

Brett

MoTheCat
March 20th 05, 02:23 AM
Brett... Wrote:
> David wrote:-
> It's okay, I've solved the problem and it's far more embarrassing
> than I thought: I forgot to plug in the 12v ATX power connector! My
> Asus and other previous mobos never had one of these. Now I know what
> that square connector is for that I always find with the rest of the
> power connectors in a case! You live and learn eh?
> -
>
> Hey I did this myself just last week!
> My previos Asus Athlon mb didn't have the ATX socket either!
> I bet you felt a sudden rush of joy when you spotted that empty socket,
> know I did!
>
> --
>
> Brett

So Glad I'm not the only one that did this.
At first I looked at the connector coming out of the new power supply
and said "don't need that - P4 connector". And cable wrapped it away
with the other unused ones. Fired the rig up - no video of course.
Unplugged every darn device on the rig, swapped out video cards and
juggled memory to no avail. I figured I had to go return the board,
then I looked up at this lonely little connector up in the corner.
"Awww hell - I can't be that jerky". Yep - I CAN.

Needless to say I was relieved. Just hoping starting it up that many
times without the 12v connected didn't hose anything up.

--
MoTheCat