PDA

View Full Version : GA-8INXP run at 800 FSB

DarkElldar
October 16th 04, 01:16 AM
Can this MB run at 800 FSB anf if so what P4 800 cpu's will work on this
board.

Thanks for any help.

Richard Dower
October 16th 04, 02:10 PM
"DarkElldar" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Can this MB run at 800 FSB anf if so what P4 800 cpu's will work on this
> board.
>
> Thanks for any help.

No, unless you get a 2.4Ghz CPU with a 533FSB and overclock it to hell.

Gripper
October 17th 04, 06:04 PM
"DarkElldar" > wrote

> Can this MB run at 800 FSB anf if so what P4 800 cpu's will work on this
> board.

I don't see why not: the FSB can be increased to over 200 in the BIOS (=800
quad pumped)
and the memory speed and timings, and PCI bus speed can be set
independently. Go on give it a go you know you want to :).
Please post back as I want to do this too :)

Neil

Gripper
October 23rd 04, 04:59 PM
"Gripper" > wrote

> "DarkElldar" > wrote
>
>> Can this MB run at 800 FSB anf if so what P4 800 cpu's will work on this
>> board.
>>
> I don't see why not: the FSB can be increased to over 200 in the BIOS
> (=800 quad pumped)
> and the memory speed and timings, and PCI bus speed can be set
> independently. Go on give it a go you know you want to :).
> Please post back as I want to do this too :)

bad form to reply to my own post but.....
stuck a P4 3.2GHz chip in my SinXP1394 mobo: no go :((
seems that even though I can set the fsb to 200 in the bios- the chip needs
1.4volts: cannot set bios to this value: so fans spin, but no POST, no
beeps, nothing.
Now... any recommendations for a new board for my new chip?? I like Gigabyte
and have been very happy with the old board. I need RAID, don't need SATA,
need 800fsb (!) and socket 478

TIA
Neil