PDA

View Full Version : Corair and BIOS settings?

Richard Dower
October 12th 04, 01:15 PM
I have a question regarding settings within my BIOS. Gigabyte GA-8KNXP
revision 2.1 with latest FJ BIOS, Northwood 3.2Ghz.

I have 1GB matched pair of 3200XLPT and i have set the timings manually to
2-2-2-5 with voltage @ 2.7v

I have overclocked the memory, my FSB was at 210, DDR420, at this overclock
PAT is enabled and Dynamic Paging Mode is set to enabled. If i go above this
to something like 214FSB i see that PAT gets disabled and so does Dynamic
Paging Mode.

While i can manually enable PAT by setting FCS (Fast Chip Select) to enabled
there is no option to enable Dynamic Paging Mode....only options are Auto
and Disabled in the BIOS.

Thus my question is this, what is Dynamic Paging Mode?...what effect does it
have on system performance?, and is there a way to enable it past 210FSB?