PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro F10 Bios problems

Moritz Kuerten
October 8th 04, 07:26 AM
I upgraded my Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro board to F10 bios. But with the F10 bios the GRUB Linux boot loader will not start.
The GRUB version is 0.94.

GRUB only loads a command line with
GRUB>
where I can type some commands.

With the old bios I was able to select HD0, HD1, CDROM...
The new bios has a new method: In the boot order is only HD, CDROM, ... shown. In a second menu You can set the order of the disks and the SCSI-Devices.
In a hirarchical view it would look like:

1st: HD
- Samsung SP1614N
- WD600AB
- SCSI-Devices
2nd: CDROM
3rd: USB-Disk
4th: USB-Memorystick

The old view looked like
1st: HD0
2nd: HD1
3rd: SCSI-Device
4th: CDROM

But I don't understand, that this should be any influence to the GRUB boot loader. And GRUB seems to be loaded, because I get the GRUB> input command line. But I'm not very experienced with the GRUB command line;-(
Moritz

--

Moritz Kuerten
October 8th 04, 11:51 AM
In article >, Karen Parker wrote:

>Its not are fault that you must use a Crap OS..

Thank You, Karen, for this very professional answer. You seem to be an expert;-)

Moritz

--

Moritz Kuerten
October 14th 04, 03:04 PM
>On 8 Oct 2004 06:26:02 GMT, (Moritz Kuerten) wrote:
>
>>I upgraded my Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro board to F10 bios. But with the F10 bios t=
he GRUB Linux boot loader will not start.
>>The GRUB version is 0.94.
>>
>>GRUB only loads a command line with
>>GRUB>
>>where I can type some commands.
>>
>>With the old bios I was able to select HD0, HD1, CDROM...
>>The new bios has a new method: In the boot order is only HD, CDROM, ... shown=
In a second menu You can set the order of the disks and the SCSI-Devices.
>>In a hirarchical view it would look like:
>>
>>1st: HD
>> - Samsung SP1614N
>> - WD600AB
>> - SCSI-Devices
>>2nd: CDROM
>>3rd: USB-Disk
>>4th: USB-Memorystick
>>
>>The old view looked like
>>1st: HD0
>>2nd: HD1
>>3rd: SCSI-Device
>>4th: CDROM
>>
>>But I don't understand, that this should be any influence to the GRUB boot lo=
ader. And GRUB seems to be loaded, because I get the GRUB> input command line. =
But I'm not very experienced with the GRUB command line;-(
>>Moritz

In meantime I made a repair installation from boot DVD and installed Lilo inste=
ad of GRUB. And wonder - it works.
Everything looks like it ws before and I can run the board with F10 bios!

And further more, the F10 bios works well with C'n'Q with Linux.

Moritz

--

Moritz Kuerten
October 14th 04, 03:06 PM
>On 8 Oct 2004 06:26:02 GMT, (Moritz Kuerten) wrote:
>
>>I upgraded my Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro board to F10 bios. But with the F10 bios t=
he GRUB Linux boot loader will not start.
>>The GRUB version is 0.94.
>>
>>GRUB only loads a command line with
>>GRUB>
>>where I can type some commands.
>>
>>With the old bios I was able to select HD0, HD1, CDROM...
>>The new bios has a new method: In the boot order is only HD, CDROM, ... shown=
In a second menu You can set the order of the disks and the SCSI-Devices.
>>In a hirarchical view it would look like:
>>
>>1st: HD
>> - Samsung SP1614N
>> - WD600AB
>> - SCSI-Devices
>>2nd: CDROM
>>3rd: USB-Disk
>>4th: USB-Memorystick
>>
>>The old view looked like
>>1st: HD0
>>2nd: HD1
>>3rd: SCSI-Device
>>4th: CDROM
>>
>>But I don't understand, that this should be any influence to the GRUB boot lo=
ader. And GRUB seems to be loaded, because I get the GRUB> input command line. =
But I'm not very experienced with the GRUB command line;-(
>>Moritz

In meantime I made a repair installation from boot DVD and installed Lilo inste=
ad of GRUB. And wonder - it works.
Everything looks like it ws before and I can run the board with F10 bios!

And further more, the F10 bios works well with C'n'Q with Linux.

Moritz

--

Moritz Kuerten
October 14th 04, 03:11 PM
>On 8 Oct 2004 06:26:02 GMT, (Moritz Kuerten) wrote:
>
>>I upgraded my Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro board to F10 bios. But with the F10 bios t=
he GRUB Linux boot loader will not start.
>>The GRUB version is 0.94.
>>
>>GRUB only loads a command line with
>>GRUB>
>>where I can type some commands.
>>
>>With the old bios I was able to select HD0, HD1, CDROM...
>>The new bios has a new method: In the boot order is only HD, CDROM, ... shown=
In a second menu You can set the order of the disks and the SCSI-Devices.
>>In a hirarchical view it would look like:
>>
>>1st: HD
>> - Samsung SP1614N
>> - WD600AB
>> - SCSI-Devices
>>2nd: CDROM
>>3rd: USB-Disk
>>4th: USB-Memorystick
>>
>>The old view looked like
>>1st: HD0
>>2nd: HD1
>>3rd: SCSI-Device
>>4th: CDROM
>>
>>But I don't understand, that this should be any influence to the GRUB boot lo=
ader. And GRUB seems to be loaded, because I get the GRUB> input command line. =
But I'm not very experienced with the GRUB command line;-(
>>Moritz

In meantime I made a repair installation from boot DVD and installed Lilo inste=
ad of GRUB. And wonder - it works.
Everything looks like it ws before and I can run the board with F10 bios!

And further more, the F10 bios works well with C'n'Q with Linux.

Moritz

--

Moritz Kürten
October 14th 04, 07:33 PM