PDA

View Full Version : Memory recommendation request for GA-K8NSNXP-939

Hawkeye
October 2nd 04, 03:44 PM
Getting ready to pick up a GIGABYTE GA-K8NSNXP-939

Supported CPU: AMD Athlon64 Processors
Chipset: nVIDIA nForce3 Ultra
RAM: 4x DIMM for Dual-Channel DDR400/333/266 Max 4GB

Which of the to memory choices below would you recommend I use

It was recommended by a friend i use the OCZ

OCZ Gold Edition Rev3 Dual Channel Kit 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR
PC-3700 - Retail

Model# OCZ4661024ELDCGER3-K
Specifications:
Manufacturer: OCZ Technology
Speed: DDR466(PC3700)
Type: 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2.5-3-3-8
Support Voltage: 2.8V
Bandwidth: 3.7GB/s

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin
1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail

Model# TWINX1024-3200C2PT
Specifications:
Manufacturer: Corsair
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2-3-3-6 T1
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Special Features: With Platinum Heat Spreader

Glitch
October 2nd 04, 08:18 PM
I think you should go with the Corsair low latency pack rather than the
OCZ high speed memory.I took a pair of Kingmax 512 MB low latency and
they're great.

Rick
October 3rd 04, 12:07 AM
Glitch wrote:
> I think you should go with the Corsair low latency pack rather than the
> OCZ high speed memory.I took a pair of Kingmax 512 MB low latency and
> they're great.

OCZ's Support is GREAT!!!! Lifetime guaranteed. I am most happy with mine, two matched
512s, PC3200EL. I am not familiar with Corsair but I know alot
of folks are runnin' it.

Rick

dav
October 9th 04, 12:20 PM