PDA

View Full Version : SP2 and GA-7n400 PRO, No more CD/RW

Hervey Cleckley
October 1st 04, 12:39 AM
Ever since SP2 I cannot write to CD/DVD. I removed SP2 and it persists
(since reloaded). I've toggled BIOS versions and settings, Chipset drivers,
IDE, everything.

Is this a Gigabyte/Nforce thing or just my cheap NuTech DDR-082

Athlon 3200, 256HyperX (x4), Geforce 6800GT, SP2,
LG DVD, 2xWD120GB

Ryan J. Paque
October 1st 04, 09:18 AM
Hervey Cleckley wrote:

> Ever since SP2 I cannot write to CD/DVD. I removed SP2 and it persists
> (since reloaded). I've toggled BIOS versions and settings, Chipset drivers,
> IDE, everything.
>
> Is this a Gigabyte/Nforce thing or just my cheap NuTech DDR-082
>
> Athlon 3200, 256HyperX (x4), Geforce 6800GT, SP2,
> LG DVD, 2xWD120GB

I've seen a lot of people who have issues with the GA-7N400 boards and
optical drives. Many people have replaced the Nvidia ide drivers with
the stock Microsoft ones that come with Windows and have reported
improvements.

My problem is the opposite of yours... I get a lot of read errors on
my CDRW ever since I installed the GA-7N400-L. I haven't gotten my
system stable enough to even think about burning a CD yet...

Ryan