PDA

View Full Version : GA-7N400-L Bios..

Mo
September 30th 04, 11:59 PM
Hi,

I have the Ver 7 Bios on this board.. I have been checking CPU temp before
summer arrives here. I get a 'normal' reading of 55C with a Mboard reading
of 27C using Everest. this is lower than the Bios tells me by 2 - 4C.

I strongly suspect the temp sensors on the board are not giving reliable
readings.

I have tried other fan/coolers and find noise a problem when they do brings
temps down.

Can anyone advise if a bios update will help?

TIA

Mo

jpsga
October 1st 04, 12:23 AM
"Mo" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have the Ver 7 Bios on this board.. I have been checking CPU temp before
> summer arrives here. I get a 'normal' reading of 55C with a Mboard reading
> of 27C using Everest. this is lower than the Bios tells me by 2 - 4C.
>
> I strongly suspect the temp sensors on the board are not giving reliable
> readings.
>
> I have tried other fan/coolers and find noise a problem when they do
brings
> temps down.
>
> Can anyone advise if a bios update will help?
>
> TIA
>
> Mo

Well temp look about right.
The sensor for the CPU is on the chip and I believe the 'Mboard' is in the
the monitor chip.

I know of no BIOS changes that address temps.

JPS
JPS

Mo
October 1st 04, 01:13 PM
OK.. thanks.. I'll see how it looks when the ambient rises!