PDA

View Full Version : SPDIF interface not working

MilesG
September 25th 04, 01:27 PM
My son (now 140 miles away at University with the new system I built) has
installed the SPDIF device (I forgot to do it myself), connected it to the
mobo, but is getting no reaction.
We can't find anything in the BIOS to enable this. There's no software on
the utilities/drivers CD that seems relevant. Is there something else we
must do to get this working?
MilesG

--
to send a personal email, first remove YorkLoaves

MilesG
September 25th 04, 02:20 PM
sorry forgot to include GA-81PE1000PRO-G

"MilesG" > wrote in message
> My son (now 140 miles away at University with the new system I built) has
> installed the SPDIF device (I forgot to do it myself), connected it to the
> mobo, but is getting no reaction.
> We can't find anything in the BIOS to enable this. There's no software on
> the utilities/drivers CD that seems relevant. Is there something else we
> must do to get this working?
> MilesG
>
> --
> to send a personal email, first remove YorkLoaves

MilesG
September 27th 04, 12:57 AM
Yes I did overlook something simple. I updated and installed latest driver
(3.62) from Gigabyte website, like any fool should have done in the first
place.
But it's not clear what Audio drivers are installed from the CDRom that
comes with the mobo. The installation screen display says Realtek AC97 audio
drivers installed, but apparently this doesn't include the Jack-sensing or
the SPDIF functions.
Miles