PDA

View Full Version : Yo Karen!

Richard Dower
September 23rd 04, 04:50 PM
Your mobo BIOS have been updated, go grab them sweetie;

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8I875%20Ultra.htm

Glitch
September 24th 04, 07:44 PM
Richard Dower wrote:
> Your mobo BIOS have been updated, go grab them sweetie;
>
> http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8I875%20Ultra.htm

What's new fixed in this Bios except that problem thay said they
fixed(the 0F41 CPU can't boot issue)?

I also have one more question,though I'm not sure that it's a hardware
issue.When I boot Windows XP(SP 1a),and logon I get another 30-40
seconds before I can open any programs (I just get that Busy cursor
thing when I move the cursor to the quick launch bar).And when I log off
my user acount I can't logon to another acount unless I reboot.This is
not a virus,Spyware,Adware or anything like that(I checked with
Norton,Spybot and Ad-Aware).

Richard Dower
September 24th 04, 08:36 PM
"Glitch" > wrote in message
> Richard Dower wrote:
>> Your mobo BIOS have been updated, go grab them sweetie;
>>
>> http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8I875%20Ultra.htm
> What's new fixed in this Bios except that problem thay said they fixed(the
> 0F41 CPU can't boot issue)?
>
> I also have one more question,though I'm not sure that it's a hardware
> issue.When I boot Windows XP(SP 1a),and logon I get another 30-40 seconds
> before I can open any programs (I just get that Busy cursor thing when I
> move the cursor to the quick launch bar).And when I log off my user acount
> I can't logon to another acount unless I reboot.This is not a
> virus,Spyware,Adware or anything like that(I checked with Norton,Spybot
> and Ad-Aware).

Perhaps something to do with your broadband?, hard to say. Sorry.

Glitch
September 24th 04, 09:15 PM
Richard Dower wrote:
> "Glitch" > wrote in message
>
>>Richard Dower wrote:
>>
>>>Your mobo BIOS have been updated, go grab them sweetie;
>>>
>>>http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8I875%20Ultra.htm
>>
>>What's new fixed in this Bios except that problem thay said they fixed(the
>>0F41 CPU can't boot issue)?
>>
>>I also have one more question,though I'm not sure that it's a hardware
>>issue.When I boot Windows XP(SP 1a),and logon I get another 30-40 seconds
>>before I can open any programs (I just get that Busy cursor thing when I
>>move the cursor to the quick launch bar).And when I log off my user acount
>>I can't logon to another acount unless I reboot.This is not a
>>virus,Spyware,Adware or anything like that(I checked with Norton,Spybot
>>and Ad-Aware).
>

> Perhaps something to do with your broadband?, hard to say. Sorry.

Nah,I don't have Broadband I'm using ISDN.I'll be installing Broadband
this fall.
And could you tell me the fixes in F10 Bios?

Richard Dower
September 24th 04, 11:42 PM
"Glitch" > wrote in message

> Nah,I don't have Broadband I'm using ISDN.I'll be installing Broadband
> this fall.
> And could you tell me the fixes in F10 Bios?

Here is what i suggest, backup your current BIOS to a floppy disk. You can
do this by entering your BIOS and hitting F8, "copy main bios to backup"

Then upgrade your BIOS to F11, try it...see if it works, if things get worse
you have the BIOS on floppy, or you can boot from your backup BIOS.

Gigabyte rarely gift a proper revision history for BIOS revisions.