PDA

View Full Version : GA-7N400 Pro 2 CPU temperature issues

amberzonia
September 14th 04, 12:07 PM
I've had this m'board for a few months and every CPU i have tried
(2500 barton, 2600throughbread and barton, 2400throughbread) in it
runs around 48-52C idle and 56C full load. I have been using a very
good HSF so i dont think there's a prob there.

Other m'boards i've tried the same processors on they run from 36-40C
I've tried flashing the bios to newer versions but it doesn't seem to
make any difference in temps

Any ideas wot is wrong?

cheers

henny
September 14th 04, 02:09 PM
"amberzonia" > wrote in message
> I've had this m'board for a few months and every CPU i have tried
> (2500 barton, 2600throughbread and barton, 2400throughbread) in it
> runs around 48-52C idle and 56C full load. I have been using a very
> good HSF so i dont think there's a prob there.
>
> Other m'boards i've tried the same processors on they run from 36-40C
> I've tried flashing the bios to newer versions but it doesn't seem to
> make any difference in temps
>
> Any ideas wot is wrong?
>
> cheers

I don't see anything wrong. Your 40 below the max temp.
I don't know what you were measuring and how you measuring when you got the
2500 Barton to run at 36 to 40C.
You could pick a CPU temp that would make you happy and work towards that
temp by changing the CPU environment.
HG