PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol 120% + 1st HDD SATA + 2nd HDD IDE0 + XP SP2 == disappearing drive

TS
September 12th 04, 09:36 AM
Hi,

I have an 8KNXP with the first HDD on SATA0 and the second on IDE0. I
was running Alcohol 120% fine in win2k, however, having upgraded (!)
to XP SP2 my second HDD vanished from Windows.

After fiddling a bit with various settings I uninstalled Alcohol 120%
(an obvious suspect given how it mucks about with the drive letters)
and lo and behold, my second HDD is back.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this or knows of a workaround?

Cheers,
Trev

Tim
September 13th 04, 12:52 AM
It is long known that Alcohol 120 and other apps that use the same driver
have such problems.
It was often stated on the XP beta news groups that one should de-install
these apps prior to attempting an SP2 install.

The only suggestion I can make is to hunt down an update for the affected
applications.

- Tim

om...