PDA

View Full Version : Need GA-6VA7+ pin-outs

Kim A. Sommer
September 7th 04, 09:40 PM
I recently got a hold of a GA-6VA7+ to put in an older AT tower case. I
didn't realize that Gigabyte doens't use pin headers for USB & PS/2 mice
interfaces like everyone else. The user manual gives the pinouts for the
USB header but does not give the pin out for the PS/2 mouse interface. If
anyone can give me those pinouts that would save a lot of time and
headache.

FYI: Most PS/2 mouse headers are 1x5 or 2x4 blocks. The Giga connector
is 1x4.

So if anyone has comprehensive pinouts on this motherboard I'd really
appreciate getting them.

Thanks,

Kim Sommer

P.S. Gig'as tech support has not answered my questions
--
-------
"Even the rabbits inhibit their habits on Sunday in Cicero Falls" - EY Harburg.

Kim A. Sommer
September 8th 04, 04:27 PM
Never mind. Me, my multimeter, and a sacrifical USB-PS/2 mouse figured it
all out last night.

Kim

In article >,
Kim A. Sommer > wrote:
>I recently got a hold of a GA-6VA7+ to put in an older AT tower case. I
>didn't realize that Gigabyte doens't use pin headers for USB & PS/2 mice
>interfaces like everyone else. The user manual gives the pinouts for the
>USB header but does not give the pin out for the PS/2 mouse interface. If

--
-------
"Even the rabbits inhibit their habits on Sunday in Cicero Falls" - EY Harburg.

Vu
September 9th 04, 07:25 AM
Would this have helped?
http://www.networktechinc.com/technote.html