PDA

View Full Version : GA-8KNXP Wake On LAN?

Kilgore Trout Jr
September 7th 04, 06:48 PM
Anyone know how to get this to work?
Intel literature claims the built-in Gigabit Ethernet 82547EI chipset
supports WOL.
I do have Onboard H/W LAN and ModemRingOn / WakeOnLAN enabled in the FH
BIOS.
When I shut down WinXP, the port LED's on my Linksys router turn off and
"Magic Packets" are ignored.
I notice there is a 3-pin WOL connector on the board that would probably
work with a PCI network interface card, but I'd like to use the built-in
device if possible.

Thanks!

Kilgore Trout Jr
September 7th 04, 07:41 PM
OK, I figured this out for myself. The solution is to use the Intel PROset
application and "Enable PME" under the advanced settings tab. Also changed
the "Wake On Settings" to Magic Packet. Seems to work quite well!
Sorry for the bother.

ink.net...