PDA

View Full Version : ITE raid drivers on a gigabyte board update

GolfNut
September 1st 04, 11:38 AM
i am running the ITE raid drivers that are the mosr current according
to the gigabyte site for the GA-7N400 Pro2 v.2. yet if i go to the ITE
site there is a newer version of the ITE drivers out there. which
version should i use to be safe - the ones on the Gigabyte site or the
ITE site?

Achim Weissegger
September 1st 04, 01:52 PM
You should use the drivers from gigabyte , as the ITE drivers would be for
standalone cards.
Are you happy with the onboard raid performance ? I have the same board and
my raid performance
was just marginaly better than using my hdd's as standart ata100
I got a pci raid card and the raid performance nearly doubled to that of
using the drives as single ata100.
I was very disapointed with the onboards ata raid.

Regards Achim