PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Quicktime files and IDE ports 1 & 2 on GA-7N400 Pro2

FredEX
September 1st 04, 12:13 AM
I've been chasing my ass on this for better than two weeks and I
finally pinpointed where this is coming from but can't figure out how
to fix it.

If I attempt to play any Quicktime .mov files that are saved on any
drive that is on IDE 1 or 2 cable, it will crash the Quicktime
program. This happens on either of my two hard drives or my two CD
drives. If I copy that same .mov file over to a 3rd drive that is
connected to the IDE 3 cable, it plays fine. These are new drives and
new cables.

Athlon 2800
Rev 1 board F10 bios
784meg ram
300 watt P.S.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fred

GTS
September 1st 04, 08:02 PM
Apple Quicktime - I only need to see it written to have an apoplectic fit!
It should stay where it belongs, on the over-priced under-powered Macs.
I spent hours trying to get a stupid kids game working on a friends Win98
C - Barbies Swan Lake - but would get 'Quicktime had caused an invalid
page fault...' even after a TOTAL REINSTALL OF WINDOWS + download all
drivers. Despite this PC working flawlessly with over 60 other programs
installed, the freinds were convinced their PC was faulty because of the
crappy quicktime movie player, and spent 1500 on a new one - and it did'nt
work on that, either!
With all the decent Win32 movie player apps, why use an Apple program? Yuck

"FredEX" > wrote in message
> I've been chasing my ass on this for better than two weeks and I
> finally pinpointed where this is coming from but can't figure out how
> to fix it.
>
> If I attempt to play any Quicktime .mov files that are saved on any
> drive that is on IDE 1 or 2 cable, it will crash the Quicktime
> program. This happens on either of my two hard drives or my two CD
> drives. If I copy that same .mov file over to a 3rd drive that is
> connected to the IDE 3 cable, it plays fine. These are new drives and
> new cables.
>
> Athlon 2800
> Rev 1 board F10 bios
> 784meg ram
> 300 watt P.S.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred

FredEX
September 2nd 04, 02:49 AM
Turns out the latest Nvidia chipset drivers on Gigabytes website
aren't the latest.

I emailed Gigabyte and they sent me to Nvidia. The Nvidia drivers
fixed the problem.

Fred.