PDA

View Full Version : GA-7N400 Pro2 shutting down too far?

jpsga
August 28th 04, 04:55 AM
Found this:
The ATX format System Boards use a 20 pin two row power connector that is
quite different to the traditional AT (or Baby AT) format System Board.
The ATX specification provides for "soft power down" modes where the power
is removed from the five main power rails but is still available on the +5
Volt Standy line. The +5 Volt Standy line is used to power the circuitry on
the System Board to "wake up" the power supply. The specification for the +5
Volt line at present calls for a maximum of 10mA but this will be increased
in the future to 720mA to allow for functions like Wake on LAN.

The PS-ON (Power On) is used to turn on and off the main supply lines (+3.3,
+5, +12, -5 and -12 Volt) under control of the "soft power down" circuitry.
The PW-OK (Power Good) line monitors the +5 Volt and +3.3 Volt lines to
ensure they are within 5% of their nominated voltage.

Board problem????

JPS

"Hans Reese" > wrote in message
> Hello all!
>
> I am setting up my new mobo, and all's really great! Except...
>
> Whenever I make it reboot via Windows (or reset, or ALT-CTRL-DEL), it does
> so perfectly. However, when I shut it down, it shuts down so completely,
> it will not even respond to the PWR-button! I have to completely cut the
> power, wait for a *very* faint "bleep"-sound (like some capacitor needs to
> discharge), switch the power back on (the LAN-indicator-LED's will come
> on), and *then* it will respond! And even then, it will only power up via
> the *keyboard*-power-button or the mouse!
>
> However, I *can* shut the system down, holding the PWR-button for four
> seconds, so it *is* connected...
>
> It did boot with the PWR-button a *few* times, but so far I can't remember
> what I did differently just then.
>
> I have flashed the most recent BIOS (I think : version FF), I cleared CMOS
> (shorting the jumper, removing battery, and both), and installed all the
> latest drivers for W98SE.
>
> Now, go figure...
>

> ---
>
> Groeten,