PDA

View Full Version : Max Hard Drive Size 8KNXP Rev 2.0

Si
August 26th 04, 12:41 AM
Does anyone know what the maximum size hard drive I can fit into my 8KNXP
board? I have 4 drives at the moment (1x40GB and 3x120GB) and I was thinking
of swapping them all for SATA type drives. Just need to know how large I can
go.

Cheers.

Si

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

Richard Dower
August 26th 04, 06:04 AM
"Si" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know what the maximum size hard drive I can fit into my 8KNXP
> board? I have 4 drives at the moment (1x40GB and 3x120GB) and I was
> thinking of swapping them all for SATA type drives. Just need to know how
> large I can go.
>
> Cheers.

As large as you want, just ensure you have Windows XP with SP2.

Dodgy
August 31st 04, 01:35 AM
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:04:51 +0100, "Richard Dower"
> waffled on about something:

>"Si" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone know what the maximum size hard drive I can fit into my 8KNXP
>> board? I have 4 drives at the moment (1x40GB and 3x120GB) and I was
>> thinking of swapping them all for SATA type drives. Just need to know how
>> large I can go.
>>
>> Cheers.
>
>As large as you want, just ensure you have Windows XP with SP2.

Not sure about SATA, but vanilla XP from the box with no service packs
didn't mind 200Gig IDE's, so I imagine SATA will at least match IDE.

Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES