PDA

View Full Version : How to install Intel INF update properly?

Glitch
August 24th 04, 01:41 PM
HI!
I'm using a GA-8I875 Ultra with INF 5.1.0.1102 and Windows XP PRO SP1a.I
tried to update the INF drivers to 6.1.0.1108(latest from the Gigabyte
site) but each time computer reboots after istall,my USB mouse won't
work so I use the keyboard to do a System restore.Anyone out there has a
solution?
I also don't understand those 'command line flags' mentioned in the
readme file.What exactly do I have to do to enter those commands?

Andreas Grögel
August 24th 04, 02:22 PM
Glitch wrote:
> HI!
> I'm using a GA-8I875 Ultra with INF 5.1.0.1102 and Windows XP PRO SP1a.I
> tried to update the INF drivers to 6.1.0.1108(latest from the Gigabyte
> site) but each time computer reboots after istall,my USB mouse won't
> work so I use the keyboard to do a System restore.Anyone out there has a
> solution?

Yes - stick with the 5.x INFs. Or is there anything fixed/new that you
need? AFAIK the 6.x are only necessary for i915/925-chipset boards.

Grüße,
Andreas

Richard Dower
August 24th 04, 04:52 PM
"Glitch" > wrote in message
> HI!
> I'm using a GA-8I875 Ultra with INF 5.1.0.1102 and Windows XP PRO SP1a.I
> tried to update the INF drivers to 6.1.0.1108(latest from the Gigabyte
> site) but each time computer reboots after istall,my USB mouse won't work
> so I use the keyboard to do a System restore.Anyone out there has a
> solution?
> I also don't understand those 'command line flags' mentioned in the readme
> file.What exactly do I have to do to enter those commands?

I know the answer to this, it's a USB issue. What i would suggest is you
download and install SP2....a slipstream disc would be best.

But if not, go to Microsoft and look for a download with the knowledgebase
article KB822603.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822603

Download here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=733dd867-56a0-4956-b7fe-e85b688b7f86&displaylang=en

Install this before the INF files and all will be fine. Read more about the
best way to do a fresh install here:

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34558

Glitch
August 24th 04, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the quick replies and I think I'll stick with 5.x for now.
There's also a few other things bugging me.I have one 80 GB SATA
HDD.Every time I boot my comp,GigaRaid ATAPI Bios performs a scan that
takes about 20-30 seconds.Is there any way to shut this scan down 'cause
I heard it's not necesary for SATA?
Also is it possible to deactivate memory test 'cause I've got 1 GB RAM
and it takes some time to scan it(not much,about 5-10 seconds)?

Richard Dower
August 24th 04, 06:05 PM
"Glitch" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the quick replies and I think I'll stick with 5.x for now.
> There's also a few other things bugging me.I have one 80 GB SATA HDD.Every
> time I boot my comp,GigaRaid ATAPI Bios performs a scan that takes about
> 20-30 seconds.Is there any way to shut this scan down 'cause I heard it's
> not necesary for SATA?
> Also is it possible to deactivate memory test 'cause I've got 1 GB RAM and
> it takes some time to scan it(not much,about 5-10 seconds)?

Disable the GigaRaid controller within the BIOS, as for the memory
test...it's standard when you do a fresh bootup, it dosen't scan when you
perform a restart.