PDA

View Full Version : 3.4C + GA-8KNXP?

Richard Dower
August 21st 04, 12:04 PM
Is anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1?

BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a 3.4EE?

Rodney Hoyt
August 24th 04, 08:13 PM
Yes it does support the Pentium 3.4. Here is a link to supported CPUs.
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.0).htm
"Richard Dower" > wrote in message
> Is anyone using an intel Pentium 4 Northwood, 3.4GHz on a GA-8KNXP, rev
2.1?

> BIOS support is my concern, does the FH BIOS support a 3.4C or a 3.4EE?

Richard Dower
August 25th 04, 07:24 AM
"Rodney Hoyt" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s02...
> Yes it does support the Pentium 3.4. Here is a link to supported CPUs.
> http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.0).htm

That is the 3.4 Prescott, it says nothing about support for a 3.4 Northwood
or 3.4 Extreme Edition.

Stephen D. Ord
August 25th 04, 12:48 PM
I've been using a 3.4 Northwood for some months now, with no problems at
all.

Steve Ord

"Richard Dower" > wrote in message

> "Rodney Hoyt" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s02...
>> Yes it does support the Pentium 3.4. Here is a link to supported CPUs.
>> http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.0).htm
>
> That is the 3.4 Prescott, it says nothing about support for a 3.4
> Northwood or 3.4 Extreme Edition.

JimmyG
August 25th 04, 02:03 PM
"Richard Dower" > wrote in message >...
> "Rodney Hoyt" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s02...
> > Yes it does support the Pentium 3.4. Here is a link to supported CPUs.
> > http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.0).htm
>
> That is the 3.4 Prescott, it says nothing about support for a 3.4 Northwood
> or 3.4 Extreme Edition.

The list has now been updated and yes it does support that CPU (asked
the question of giga-byte yesterday and following day list is updated)