PDA

View Full Version : Re: ITE Gigaraid IT8212F Bios/Driver updates that we do not get..

Richard Dower
August 19th 04, 07:48 PM
All you do is download the latest off the various websites. You never use
the drivers and BIOS on Gigabyte....they are always out of date.

"Karen Parker" > wrote in message

> Seems that Gigabyte does not support its customers at all.
>
> Read about these ITE Gigaraid updates..
>

> ================================================== =======
> ITE IT8212F Bios History, not all of them.
>
> 1.4.1.2
>
> 1. Bug fixed: the drive letters of same channel's master and slave drives
> are
> exchanged.
> 2. Return ax=110h instead of 100h when leaving BIOS initial routine.
> 3. Modify cable type detection.
> 4. Bug fixed: DMA transfer failure on certain main boards. 06/09/'03
>
> 1.4.1.3
>
> 1. Always boot from 8212 HDD when using Phoenix BIOS 07/22/'03
>
> 1.5.1.3
>
> 1. No change 10/01/'03 <<< Wrong year should be 04.
>
> 1.6.1.41
>
> 1. Bug fixed: for Gigabyte VIA chipset MB, fail to boot from secondary
> HDD.
> 2. Bug fixed: bootable CD cannot boot on some main boards and CD-ROMs.
> 02/25/'04
>
> 1.7.1.51
>
> 1. Shorten devices scan time.
> 2. Hard disks attached on IT8212 can be shown in system BIOS's hard disk
> boot
> priority list.
> 06/02/'04
>
> ================================================== ==============
>
> Driver history, not all of them.
>

> 1.3.1.4
>
> 1. Bug Fix: Cannot play Audio CD in Windows ME when running on DMA mode.
> 2. Bug Fix: Support some devices which interrupt with the assertion of DRQ
> after receiving ATAPI Packet Command.
> 3. Bug Fix: Check the two channels to see whether the IBM buggy disk
> attached
> on the slave, and no Master attached on the related channel. We must skip
> all
> reset commands if the above conditions exist. 03/26/2003
>
> 1.4.1.5
>
> 1. Bug fix: Cannot format LS-120 disk in Windows XP.
> 2. Bug fix: Cannot recognize CD-RW in Windows XP.
> 3. Bug fix: Support IDE SMART commands in pure IDE mode. 04/22/2003
>
> 1.4.1.6
>
> 1. Bug fix: Support VCD playback in Windows ME. 06/10/2003
>
> 1.5.1.7
>
> 1. Bug Fix: S4 resume failure on certain MB. 10/02/2003
>

> 1.6.1.8
>
> 1. Bug Fix: NU 8x DVD write failure when running UDMA mode.
> 2. Bug fix: several hard disks format pretty slow when capacity exceeds
> 130GB.
> 02/24/1004
>
> 1.7.1.9
>
> 1. Bug fix: S3 resume failed sometimes.
> 2. Shorten format time. 06/02/'04
> ================================================== =================

Richard Dower
August 20th 04, 01:10 AM
"Karen Parker" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:48:52 +0100, "Richard Dower"
> >
> wrote:
>
>>All you do is download the latest off the various websites. You never use
>>the drivers and BIOS on Gigabyte....they are always out of date.
>

> You can't as you can't update the MoBo Bios..
>
> Think again..

ITE have a flash utily to update the BIOS...see the website.
It's true that you can't flash the Silicon Image chip/BIOS.