PDA

View Full Version : Hard Disk Activity LED for SATA drives? GA-K8NSNXP-939

sycle
August 18th 04, 03:58 AM
Is there a way to get the HD activity LED to work with SATA drives
(using GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard)? I have a SATA RAID-0 setup and
the LED does not work for these drives. I actually have my DVD-ROM
hooked up to the main IDE channel, and the LED light comes on when the
it is active.

I'd really like to get the LED to work with the hard drives though.
I've done some research already, and can't figure out a way to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard Dower
August 18th 04, 04:47 AM
Weird, the LED works for my GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1

"sycle" > wrote in message
> Is there a way to get the HD activity LED to work with SATA drives
> (using GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard)? I have a SATA RAID-0 setup and
> the LED does not work for these drives. I actually have my DVD-ROM
> hooked up to the main IDE channel, and the LED light comes on when the
> it is active.
>
> I'd really like to get the LED to work with the hard drives though.
> I've done some research already, and can't figure out a way to do it.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

sycle
August 18th 04, 04:54 AM
Are you using your IDE channels at all, or just SATA? I was thinking
maybe I should unplug the optical drive from the IDE channel to see
what happens...

>Weird, the LED works for my GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1
>

>"sycle" > wrote in message
>> Is there a way to get the HD activity LED to work with SATA drives
>> (using GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard)? I have a SATA RAID-0 setup and
>> the LED does not work for these drives. I actually have my DVD-ROM
>> hooked up to the main IDE channel, and the LED light comes on when the
>> it is active.
>>
>> I'd really like to get the LED to work with the hard drives though.
>> I've done some research already, and can't figure out a way to do it.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.

Tim
August 18th 04, 05:17 AM
It shouldn't make any difference (IDE or SATA, RAID or not).
I suspect it is a bios issue.

- Tim

"sycle" > wrote in message
> Are you using your IDE channels at all, or just SATA? I was thinking
> maybe I should unplug the optical drive from the IDE channel to see
> what happens...
>
>>Weird, the LED works for my GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1
>>

>>"sycle" > wrote in message
>>> Is there a way to get the HD activity LED to work with SATA drives
>>> (using GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard)? I have a SATA RAID-0 setup and
>>> the LED does not work for these drives. I actually have my DVD-ROM
>>> hooked up to the main IDE channel, and the LED light comes on when the
>>> it is active.
>>>
>>> I'd really like to get the LED to work with the hard drives though.
>>> I've done some research already, and can't figure out a way to do it.
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated.

sycle
August 18th 04, 05:59 AM
Hmm. I have the latest BIOS. :(

>It shouldn't make any difference (IDE or SATA, RAID or not).
>I suspect it is a bios issue.
>
>- Tim
>

>"sycle" > wrote in message
>> Are you using your IDE channels at all, or just SATA? I was thinking
>> maybe I should unplug the optical drive from the IDE channel to see
>> what happens...
>>
>>>Weird, the LED works for my GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1

Richard Dower
August 18th 04, 09:26 AM
"sycle" > wrote in message
> Are you using your IDE channels at all, or just SATA? I was thinking
> maybe I should unplug the optical drive from the IDE channel to see
> what happens...
>
>>Weird, the LED works for my GA-8KNXP, rev 2.1

SATA, on the ICH5R.

sycle
August 19th 04, 04:14 AM
OK. Gigabyte tells me that the LED doesn't work on the nVidia SATA
connections, but it does on the Silicon Image connections. That's
odd. I remember reading somewhere that the nVidia SATA is faster, so
that's why I chose it. Why do they have two different SATA anyway?
It seems strange to me...