PDA

View Full Version : 8KNXP ULTRA-64

Kelvin Zhao
August 17th 04, 06:58 PM
i'm looking for a 8knxp ultra-64 board retail, can anyone tell me where to
get one or anyone here wants to sell one? thanks

Jeff French
August 17th 04, 10:46 PM
Kelvin,
Try this one.... they say it's in stock....
http://www.ezsystems.com/dcat.cgi?i=GA8KNXPULTRA64

LOL
Jeff

"Kelvin Zhao" > wrote in message
> i'm looking for a 8knxp ultra-64 board retail, can anyone tell me where to
> get one or anyone here wants to sell one? thanks

Kelvin
August 18th 04, 12:15 AM
haha, thanks but i already called them earlier today. i've just about
called all the companies i've found on goggle in the states. so anyone
wants to let one of these go, let me know. thanks.
"Jeff French" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s51...
> Kelvin,
> Try this one.... they say it's in stock....
> http://www.ezsystems.com/dcat.cgi?i=GA8KNXPULTRA64
>
> LOL
> Jeff
>
> "Kelvin Zhao" > wrote in message
> > i'm looking for a 8knxp ultra-64 board retail, can anyone tell me where
> > get one or anyone here wants to sell one? thanks

Jeff French
August 18th 04, 01:07 AM
Kelvin,
Here's one from Canada....
http://www.bytewizecomputers.com/products/7/7/318/6141

LOL
Jeff

Why are you looking for this particular motherboard?

"Kelvin" > wrote in message
m...
> haha, thanks but i already called them earlier today. i've just about
> called all the companies i've found on goggle in the states. so anyone
> wants to let one of these go, let me know. thanks.
> "Jeff French" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]_s51...
>> Kelvin,
>> Try this one.... they say it's in stock....
>> http://www.ezsystems.com/dcat.cgi?i=GA8KNXPULTRA64
>>
>> LOL
>> Jeff
>>
>> "Kelvin Zhao" > wrote in message
>> > i'm looking for a 8knxp ultra-64 board retail, can anyone tell me where
>> > get one or anyone here wants to sell one? thanks

Kelvin
August 18th 04, 01:42 AM
thanks again jeff but i called them yesterday. anything google found, i've
called. now i saw one on ebay germany.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6701224226&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
will rma be a problem if assuming i need to send it back to gigabyte? what
about voltage? any input is appreciated.
"Jeff French" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s52...
> Kelvin,
> Here's one from Canada....
> http://www.bytewizecomputers.com/products/7/7/318/6141
>
> LOL
> Jeff
>
> Why are you looking for this particular motherboard?
>

> "Kelvin" > wrote in message
> m...
> > haha, thanks but i already called them earlier today. i've just about
> > called all the companies i've found on goggle in the states. so anyone
> > wants to let one of these go, let me know. thanks.
> > "Jeff French" > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]_s51...
> >> Kelvin,
> >> Try this one.... they say it's in stock....
> >> http://www.ezsystems.com/dcat.cgi?i=GA8KNXPULTRA64
> >>
> >> LOL
> >> Jeff

Richard Dower
August 18th 04, 01:48 AM
Newegg not have them in stock?

"Kelvin Zhao" > wrote in message
> i'm looking for a 8knxp ultra-64 board retail, can anyone tell me where to
> get one or anyone here wants to sell one? thanks

Kelvin
August 18th 04, 01:58 AM
nope, newegg doesn't have it either
"Richard Dower" > wrote in message
> Newegg not have them in stock?
>

> "Kelvin Zhao" > wrote in message
> > i'm looking for a 8knxp ultra-64 board retail, can anyone tell me where
> > get one or anyone here wants to sell one? thanks

BlackByrd
August 23rd 04, 03:56 PM
I bought one 1-1/2 months ago, and I love it...
Best board I have ever owned.
It is basically a 8KNXP board with SCSI, and a revised DPS, and 8 channel
sound card.
Great board!!!
This is one of the newer 875 boards, so I don't see why so hard to find.
Must be the $400 price...
Rich

"Kelvin" > wrote in message
m...
> nope, newegg doesn't have it either
> "Richard Dower" > wrote in message
> > Newegg not have them in stock?
> >

> > "Kelvin Zhao" > wrote in message
> > > i'm looking for a 8knxp ultra-64 board retail, can anyone tell me
where
> > > get one or anyone here wants to sell one? thanks

Kelvin
August 23rd 04, 04:10 PM
well, i called gigabyte and they said it's discontinued due to the
pci-express.
"BlackByrd" <MyMail (remove) @cableone.net> wrote in message
> I bought one 1-1/2 months ago, and I love it...
> Best board I have ever owned.
> It is basically a 8KNXP board with SCSI, and a revised DPS, and 8 channel
> sound card.
> Great board!!!
> This is one of the newer 875 boards, so I don't see why so hard to find.
> Must be the $400 price...
> Rich
>
> "Kelvin" > wrote in message
> m...
> > nope, newegg doesn't have it either
> > "Richard Dower" > wrote in message
> > > Newegg not have them in stock?

> where

Vladimir Uschintsky
September 1st 04, 04:07 PM
Sucks for you!

I got mine a couple of months ago from Newegg and ZipZoomFly used to have
them, too, but I just did a quick search and wasn't able to find one
anywhere.

This is my fourth Gigabyte motherboard and I've been very impressed with
Gigabyte's quality ever since I discovered the brand over six years ago.
Talk about a well-made product...

And this board had EVERYTHING except firewire which I added with a $20 card.
And I actually have two PCI-X cards that take advantage of the 66MHz clock
in its two PCI-X slots. I don't yet have a use for the two U320 SCSI ports,
but may have in the future, so its nice to know they're there. For now I
have them turned off in the bios.

I just downloaded and flashed to the F5 bios which cured three annoying
little problems that the board had. Previously the hard drive light glowed
constantly rather than reflecting hard drive activity. It would also take a
VERY long time before the gigabit network port would initialize resulting in
WinXP reporting a network cable unplugged until about five minutes after
boot-up. And following a complete power down (including unplugging the AC
mains) you would have to boot twice in order to get the SATA RAID bios to
load successfully. It would always see all the drives, but following the
first cold boot it would always report that the BIOS didn't load
successfully. Simply hitting the reset button would fix this. Otherwise it
was fast and stable and a fine host to my four DVD drives and six hard
drives. Yes, I've got extra fans and a 550 watt power supply and the thing
could heat an ice-fishing cabin in the winter, and after running it for an
hour or so you could use it to melt the hole to fish through, too!

I haven't done any research into what board will replace this, but I'm sure
I'll be satisfied with the setup for at least a week or two.

. com...