PDA

View Full Version : Can't enable S.M.A.R.T.

Clarence
August 12th 04, 03:39 AM
I can't sim to enable S.M.A.R.T. hard monitor for a GA-7VT600 1394
motherboard. Does any one know how? Please help, just lost one HD B/C I
could enable S.M.A.R.T. HD monitor. :)

Mal
August 12th 04, 06:29 AM
"Clarence" > wrote in message
> I can't sim to enable S.M.A.R.T. hard monitor for a GA-7VT600 1394
> motherboard. Does any one know how? Please help, just lost one HD B/C I
> could enable S.M.A.R.T. HD monitor. :)

you need to press Alt-F1 I think (or maybe Ctrl-F1) in the bios to enable
the advanced options ... should be able to enable SMART then. I don't
understand why it's not enabled by default these days, or at least check the
drives attached and enable for those that are compatible.

Mal

Knuckles
August 12th 04, 02:46 PM
You must also have a hard drive that supports S.M.A.R.T.