PDA

View Full Version : Help booting SATA from GA7-VT600-PL

Pun Krocker
May 30th 04, 05:14 PM
When I try to boot from my new SATA drive it hangs before I get into
Windows (XP), the drive works fine when I boot from my other IDE drive.

I have tried using Maxblast to copy the partition from IDE to SATA and
then a fresh install, I have unplugged the IDE and tried moving the SATA
port but it always hangs before entering Windows?

Both drives are Maxtor Plus 9, 120gb IDE and 160gb SATA.

Thanks

PK

henny
May 30th 04, 10:49 PM
Did you tell the BIOS where to boot from?
Does it have an MBR?
Henny
"Pun Krocker" > wrote in message
. ..
> When I try to boot from my new SATA drive it hangs before I get into
> Windows (XP), the drive works fine when I boot from my other IDE drive.
>
> I have tried using Maxblast to copy the partition from IDE to SATA and
> then a fresh install, I have unplugged the IDE and tried moving the SATA
> port but it always hangs before entering Windows?
>
> Both drives are Maxtor Plus 9, 120gb IDE and 160gb SATA.
>
> Thanks
>
> PK

Pun Krocker
May 31st 04, 05:06 PM
In article <[email protected]_s53>,
says...
> "Pun Krocker" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > When I try to boot from my new SATA drive it hangs before I get into
> > Windows (XP), the drive works fine when I boot from my other IDE drive.
> >
> > I have tried using Maxblast to copy the partition from IDE to SATA and
> > then a fresh install, I have unplugged the IDE and tried moving the SATA
> > port but it always hangs before entering Windows?
> >
> > Both drives are Maxtor Plus 9, 120gb IDE and 160gb SATA.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > PK

> Did you tell the BIOS where to boot from?
> Does it have an MBR?
> Henny

Yes I did, I have got it going now, I removed the IDE drive completly
then installed a fresh copy of XP and it now booting into XP ok and the
IDE is now the Mp3 store.

Thanks

PK

plupano
November 20th 04, 03:18 AM
> Pun Krockerwrote:
When I try to boot from my new SATA drive it hangs before I get into
> Windows (XP), the drive works fine when I boot from my other IDE
drive.

> I have tried using Maxblast to copy the partition from IDE to SATA
and
> then a fresh install, I have unplugged the IDE and tried moving the
SATA
> port but it always hangs before entering Windows?
>
> Both drives are Maxtor Plus 9, 120gb IDE and 160gb SATA.
>
> Thanks
>
> PK

hello
I am italian (sorry for my english) I have a big problem I bought used
a motherboard Gigabyte GA 7vt600 pl .I don't try update the bios from
gigabyte (error ID) Do you could send me your bios ?Thanks
my email