PDA

View Full Version : Realtek ALC 658

Richard Dower
May 27th 04, 04:54 PM
New 3.59 drivers can be found here, no idea if they are WHQL certified or
not.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

GTS
May 28th 04, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the info - have you tried then? Any improvements? I am running
the last version from January 04 and have no problems, so will stick to them
for now...
BTW I have a Biostar board, and it has an Avance audio chip, but Realtek
took over and the drivers are the same.

"Richard Dower" > wrote in message
> New 3.59 drivers can be found here, no idea if they are WHQL certified or
> not.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

Richard Dower
May 28th 04, 04:44 AM
"GTS" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Thanks for the info - have you tried then? Any improvements? I am running
> the last version from January 04 and have no problems, so will stick to
them
> for now...
> BTW I have a Biostar board, and it has an Avance audio chip, but Realtek
> took over and the drivers are the same.

The drivers are cross platform and will work with all Realtek codecs, so i
belive. I personally haven't tried them myself.

torr
May 31st 04, 01:34 PM
I had problems with 3.59 on my abit AI7 wich has the alc658 chip.
BF1942 would lose some sound effects every now and then and the computer
would hard reset after a while .
I've gone back to 3.51 for now.
torr

news:[email protected]