PDA

View Full Version : GA-8IEXP Beeps after removing NB Fan

Joe Nord
May 26th 04, 10:08 PM
Hi
I have a GA-8IEXP and I unplugged the NB fan because it started making
noise. After I unplugged it the computer wouldn't boot and beeped
continuously, so I reset the BIOS and got it to boot and work OK.
Today it locked up and my wife had to hard boot it and now it's doing the
same thing again, when it's turned on it only shows self test screen on the
monitor, beeps continuously and the power LED is flashing.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Guru #99
June 2nd 04, 01:40 PM
To state the obvious.....try plugging the fan back in again!

If the fan is noisy then you need to replace it or get a heatsink, you
can't just unplug it and expect your PC to work.