PDA

View Full Version : GA-8KNXP Ultra 64??

Mr_Reece
May 20th 04, 07:18 PM
Can someone tell me what the main differences are between the ultra and 64
versions?

Richard Dower
May 20th 04, 07:40 PM
"Mr_Reece" > wrote in message
> Can someone tell me what the main differences are between the ultra and 64
> versions?

Realtek 850 codec, Sil 3114...4 port instead of two port, the Southbridge is
different, there is also PCI-E slots.

Richard Dower
May 20th 04, 07:43 PM
"Mr_Reece" > wrote in message
> Can someone tell me what the main differences are between the ultra and 64
> versions?

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-8KNXP%20Ultra-64.htm

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-8KNXP%20Ultra%20(Rev%202.0).htm

Mr_Reece
May 20th 04, 07:45 PM
"Richard Dower" > wrote in message

> "Mr_Reece" > wrote in message
> > Can someone tell me what the main differences are between the ultra and
64
> > versions?
> >

> Realtek 850 codec, Sil 3114...4 port instead of two port, the Southbridge
is
> different, there is also PCI-E slots.

PCI-E slots what are they for then?

Tim
May 21st 04, 03:00 AM
Should have read PCI-X not PCI-E

PCI-X is 64 bit 133 MHz PCI for high spec SCSI / Network / other PCI add in
cards.

Take a look at the picture - the PCI-X are the two long green slots:

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Products/Products_GA-8KNXP%20Ultra-64.htm#

See also:

http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid1_gci213746,00.html

- Tim