PDA

View Full Version : ga-7vt600L problem

jfitz136
May 19th 04, 06:11 AM
hey just bought a gigabyte ga-7vt600L for a friends system that i'm
building. Great recommendations on it. Bought it to replace a
gigabyte ga-7400nL board from newegg.com (don't buy refurbished it can
really screw you over). Just got the system together and was up and
running. Got into the bios fine. Looked in the manual and i set the
jumper to recognize a 2600+ rebooted and had no screen whatsoever.
Does anyone have any ideas? My best guess is the ps (also bought the
case from newegg); read the reviews on the case, and some people said
that the ps blew out of few boards of theirs.

Again anyone had a problem like this with a ****ty ps?

JFitz136

Knud
May 19th 04, 07:30 AM
jfitz136 wrote:

> hey just bought a gigabyte ga-7vt600L for a friends system that i'm
> building. Great recommendations on it. Bought it to replace a
> gigabyte ga-7400nL board from newegg.com (don't buy refurbished it can
> really screw you over). Just got the system together and was up and
> running. Got into the bios fine. Looked in the manual and i set the
> jumper to recognize a 2600+ rebooted and had no screen whatsoever.
> Does anyone have any ideas? My best guess is the ps (also bought the
> case from newegg); read the reviews on the case, and some people said
> that the ps blew out of few boards of theirs.
>
> Again anyone had a problem like this with a ****ty ps?
>
> JFitz136

Did you try the "auto" settings ?

There have been some reports with problems with 2600+ depending on type,
is it a Barton CPU eg. 512kb cache ?

Knud
(7vt600 with 2500+ Barton)

henny
May 19th 04, 04:49 PM
There is no 'jumper to recognize a 2600+'. There is a switch you set on AUTO
to support a 333mHz FSB.
henny

om...