PDA

View Full Version : gigabyte GA-7VT600-P-L Bus length

cyris
May 11th 04, 04:09 AM
I was woundering if someone could tell me the bus lengths ( not speeds) for
my FSB , BSB and between my North and South Bridge? thanks!
gigabyte GA-7VT600-P-L

Nikolaos Tampakis
May 12th 04, 01:57 AM
cyris wrote:

> I was woundering if someone could tell me the bus lengths ( not speeds) for
> my FSB , BSB and between my North and South Bridge? thanks!
> gigabyte GA-7VT600-P-L

If you need exact trace lengths you will need to have access to the
design data and that ranges from unbelievably difficult to plain impossible.
But I can tell you there's no BSB on this board. There's no FSB either
(if there was, there ought to be a BSB too). There is a host bus (HB)
though which is what you probably mean by FSB.
Why would you need those figures though?
At any rate you can take a look at the board and calculate your own
approximations. The north-south bridge one might be two-fold too, one if
viewed as connected by the PCI bus and the other if viewed as connected
by V-link.

Regards
Nikos