PDA

View Full Version : Any IDE RAID cards that work with GA-8IHXP (rev 3.0)???

TJM
May 9th 04, 11:35 PM
I'm having a hell of a time getting my Promise FastTrak TX2000 RAID card to
work in my GA-8IHXP mobo. I've downloaded and installed all current drivers
for every component in my system, flashed the most recent mobo BIOS, etc,
but all with no luck.

I've discovered that it seems to conflict with my Adaptec 19160 SCSI card
(Ultra160) with attached Seagate Cheetah X15 hard drive. During POST, the
BIOS menu for the TX2000 will not display, so I cant setup the RAID array.
Whenever I disconnect the Seagate HDD from the Adaptec card, the system will
boot fine and TX2000 BIOS menu will display.

Since I paid $500 for the Adaptec card & Seagate drive, and only $90 for the
Promise TX2000, its obvious that I want to drop the TX2000 in favor of a
RAID card that will work in my system. I need to stay with IDE RAID since I
already have (4) Maxtor 160GB drives in my array.

I've heard SIIG makes nice RAID cards.....anyone get them to work in the
GA-8IHXP ???