PDA

View Full Version : Re: 7N400Pro2 Rev.1-NOISY North Bridge Cooling Fan-Replacement Fan or OTHER (Passive Heat Sink???) WHERE?

Michael Taylor
May 9th 04, 11:33 AM
http://www.quietpc.com might have something suitable.
Regards
Mike

"Hammer Toe" > wrote in message
> Anyone know where I can get a replacement NB fan for this MB?
>
> *OR* care to recomend an alternative solution??? I seem to recall
> reading/hearing that there are fanless/passive heatsink solutions 'out
> there'?
>
> Anyone know who makes something suitable/where I might consider buying
> something? Also-anyone had any HANDS-ON experience with such an
> alternative?
>
> Did they work well?
>
> Any trouble doing the CHANGE? (Eg. removing the old heat sink)?
>
> TIA!

CrimsonLiar
May 9th 04, 01:41 PM
If your mother isnt brand new, and the fan has only just started becoming
noisy then before you do anything rash, try giving it a blast from a can of
compressed air. If that does the trick (you fan noise drops) then consider
adding some kind of filter to your PC's case.

CrimsonLiar

PS: I wonder what the record for dust build up in a PC is, the worst I've
seen is about 4cms spread evenly over the motherboard in a desktop PC, it
came in for a service because it kept crashing (I wonder why)...

"Hammer Toe" > wrote in message
> Anyone know where I can get a replacement NB fan for this MB?
>
> *OR* care to recomend an alternative solution??? I seem to recall
> reading/hearing that there are fanless/passive heatsink solutions 'out
> there'?
>
> Anyone know who makes something suitable/where I might consider buying
> something? Also-anyone had any HANDS-ON experience with such an
> alternative?
>
> Did they work well?
>
> Any trouble doing the CHANGE? (Eg. removing the old heat sink)?
>
> TIA!

John Hardaker
May 9th 04, 09:24 PM
My 7VAXP has been doing this for over a year. I note it does it more if the
room is cold. When it warms up it stops. I just live with it; it is still
going OK.