May 9th 04, 03:10 AM
Spec's
AMD 2500+
512meg of ram
60 gig hdd
Sparkle 5900xt video
DVD R/RW x8
DVD-Rom

keeps coming up with various errors ie when trying to load XIII it keeps
telling me that the cab file doesn't match the setup version... norton for
some reason will not install and when I download a program it tell me the
file is corrupt.
I've replaced the motherboard and the cpu and still getting the same
problem. I have reinstalled windows each time
any help would be great

Sir Edward Jones-Dome
May 9th 04, 03:47 AM
What brand/spec of RAM are you using? If you're using 2 256's, try pulling
one and then the other to see if you can isolate something.
--
Sir Edward Jones-Dome

"Now the game is clear, there is no longer any possibility of an alliance
with the Anglo-Saxons. We can see the next war panning out- Europe against
America. We'll be reconciled with the Fritzes. We will be a very strong
alliance...When I am in power, I shall ask Russia for time to reorganize
after the war without her intervention.. .I shall then have accomplished
what Hitler failed to do- become the master of Europe."
Charles DeGaulle, 1943.

"Steve Smith" > wrote in message
> Spec's
> AMD 2500+
> 512meg of ram
> 60 gig hdd
> Sparkle 5900xt video
> DVD R/RW x8
> DVD-Rom
>
> keeps coming up with various errors ie when trying to load XIII it keeps
> telling me that the cab file doesn't match the setup version... norton for
> some reason will not install and when I download a program it tell me the
> file is corrupt.
> I've replaced the motherboard and the cpu and still getting the same
> problem. I have reinstalled windows each time
> any help would be great

Steve Smith
May 9th 04, 07:53 AM
It's only 1 stick of 512 meg
"Sir Edward Jones-Dome" > wrote in message
> What brand/spec of RAM are you using? If you're using 2 256's, try
pulling
> one and then the other to see if you can isolate something.
> --
> Sir Edward Jones-Dome
>
> "Now the game is clear, there is no longer any possibility of an alliance
> with the Anglo-Saxons. We can see the next war panning out- Europe
against
> America. We'll be reconciled with the Fritzes. We will be a very strong
> alliance...When I am in power, I shall ask Russia for time to reorganize
> after the war without her intervention.. .I shall then have accomplished
> what Hitler failed to do- become the master of Europe."
> Charles DeGaulle, 1943.
>
> "Steve Smith" > wrote in message
> > Spec's
> > AMD 2500+
> > 512meg of ram
> > 60 gig hdd
> > Sparkle 5900xt video
> > DVD R/RW x8
> > DVD-Rom
> >
> > keeps coming up with various errors ie when trying to load XIII it keeps
> > telling me that the cab file doesn't match the setup version... norton
for
> > some reason will not install and when I download a program it tell me
the
> > file is corrupt.
> > I've replaced the motherboard and the cpu and still getting the same
> > problem. I have reinstalled windows each time
> > any help would be great

Tim
May 12th 04, 06:16 AM
Download and run memtest86 from www.memetest86.com - follow the intructions
there. You should get no errors whatsoever. Minimum of say 5 extended runs =
good test.
If you get any errors, post back and follow up - your system will not be
stable.
- Tim

"Steve Smith" > wrote in message
> It's only 1 stick of 512 meg
> "Sir Edward Jones-Dome" > wrote in message
>> What brand/spec of RAM are you using? If you're using 2 256's, try
> pulling
>> one and then the other to see if you can isolate something.
>> --
>> Sir Edward Jones-Dome
>>
>> "Now the game is clear, there is no longer any possibility of an alliance
>> with the Anglo-Saxons. We can see the next war panning out- Europe
> against
>> America. We'll be reconciled with the Fritzes. We will be a very strong
>> alliance...When I am in power, I shall ask Russia for time to reorganize
>> after the war without her intervention.. .I shall then have accomplished
>> what Hitler failed to do- become the master of Europe."
>> Charles DeGaulle, 1943.
>>
>> "Steve Smith" > wrote in message
>> > Spec's
>> > AMD 2500+
>> > 512meg of ram
>> > 60 gig hdd
>> > Sparkle 5900xt video
>> > DVD R/RW x8
>> > DVD-Rom
>> >
>> > keeps coming up with various errors ie when trying to load XIII it
>> > keeps
>> > telling me that the cab file doesn't match the setup version... norton
> for
>> > some reason will not install and when I download a program it tell me
> the
>> > file is corrupt.
>> > I've replaced the motherboard and the cpu and still getting the same
>> > problem. I have reinstalled windows each time
>> > any help would be great

Steve Smith
May 12th 04, 08:43 PM
Hi I've used memtest and ran it for 7.5 hr it had done 19 passes with no
errors.
I've never come across this before and am totally baffled