PDA

View Full Version : Can I run DDR400 at 266?

fredrickson
April 29th 04, 11:51 AM
Its been a few years since I took a good look at computer hardware, I
currently have an XP1800 with SDRAM133. I am upgrading the motherboard to
N400 Pro2, and getting DDR400. I cant afford a new chip for a few weeks, so
can i use the 1800XP with the 400 ram ?

rotor
April 29th 04, 02:29 PM
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:51:19 -0400, "fredrickson" > wrote:

>Its been a few years since I took a good look at computer hardware, I
>currently have an XP1800 with SDRAM133. I am upgrading the motherboard to
>N400 Pro2, and getting DDR400. I cant afford a new chip for a few weeks, so
>can i use the 1800XP with the 400 ram ?

Yes it will be fine, In fact the 400 ram will enhance your system!

Rotor

fredrickson
April 29th 04, 04:05 PM
"rotor" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:51:19 -0400, "fredrickson" > wrote:
>
> >Its been a few years since I took a good look at computer hardware, I
> >currently have an XP1800 with SDRAM133. I am upgrading the motherboard to
> >N400 Pro2, and getting DDR400. I cant afford a new chip for a few weeks,
so
> >can i use the 1800XP with the 400 ram ?
> >

> Yes it will be fine, In fact the 400 ram will enhance your system!
>
> Rotor

What speed should I run the ram at with an XP1800? (I dont want to overclock
the CPU).

Should I run the FSB and RAM at 133 or should I run the FSB at 133 and ram
at 200 ?

Dimitris
April 29th 04, 04:19 PM
"fredrickson" > wrote in message >...
> Its been a few years since I took a good look at computer hardware, I
> currently have an XP1800 with SDRAM133. I am upgrading the motherboard to
> N400 Pro2, and getting DDR400. I cant afford a new chip for a few weeks, so
> can i use the 1800XP with the 400 ram ?

99% Yes you can . With the N400 Pro2 you will be able to run the
memory at 400 and the processor FSB at 266. Though your system may be
unstable that way, but still you can force 266 for memory also.