PDA

View Full Version : Intel Gigabit with A.P. (What is the AP please)

Lyle Rhodes
April 28th 04, 02:39 AM
I have a purchased 8knxp 2.0... What is the AP in the Intel Gigabit with
A.P.??? I see it listed with several other of the drivers...

Thanks in advance....

LR

Kilgore Trout Jr
April 29th 04, 12:52 AM
I believe it means with or without the associated application. In this case
the application would be the Intel ProSet utility which can be used to run a
number of diagnostic and performance tests on a LAN. Without the A.P. you
just get the barebones driver.

"Lyle Rhodes" > wrote in message
> I have a purchased 8knxp 2.0... What is the AP in the Intel Gigabit with
> A.P.??? I see it listed with several other of the drivers...
>
> Thanks in advance....
>
> LR

Lyle Rhodes
May 5th 04, 12:17 AM
The thing appears to just that, diagnostic stuff... More bloat ware... Not
so bad if one likes that kind of stuff...