PDA

View Full Version : S3 for USB Device?

HI3R
April 25th 04, 05:45 PM
What is Enable S3 for USB Device? It's in my Add or Remove Programs list at
only .02MB. I'm using the Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394 board.
--
John
Honda IRL/CART Racing Facts

jpsga
April 25th 04, 07:29 PM
S3 (AKA suspend to RAM) is a nice feature setable in the BIOS. Wake up can
be accomplished from a USB mouse (left click). if the USB drive is active.
So using S3 means that you never shut down and go through the start-up
re-boot cycle. In this S3 standby mode the power consumption is very low as
almost every thing is turned off.

JPS