PDA

View Full Version : Intel AA Conflicts with ATI Drivers


Robert Bouillon
April 20th 04, 03:54 PM
I installed a new motherboard (8KNXP 2.0), and I after many hours of
fuss I found out that if I installed RAID0 and Intel's Application
Accellerator, I could not install the latest catalyst drivers for a
Radeon 9600 Pro.

Also, I have CAS2 RAM, however after installing the latest BIOS, the
only options I had for CAS latency was 2.5 and 3. I had a CAS2 option
before updating the BIOS. What gives?

Lastly, I also have a computer with RAID0 running on an ABIT IC7-MAX3,
and in both computer I've found that at random junctures, the computer
will become EXTREMELY slow, even if just pulling up the task manager
(15-30 seconds just to draw the window on the screen). If I
CTRL+ALT+DEL, the computer will respond normally. The only common
denominator is the RAID0 via Intel's southbridge.


Thanks in Advance!

Dimitris
April 20th 04, 09:46 PM
(Robert Bouillon) wrote in message >...
> I installed a new motherboard (8KNXP 2.0), and I after many hours of
> fuss I found out that if I installed RAID0 and Intel's Application
> Accellerator, I could not install the latest catalyst drivers for a
> Radeon 9600 Pro.
>
What if you first install catalyst drivers and then intel application
accellerator? Anyway, dont think that intel application accellerator
does much in games.

> Also, I have CAS2 RAM, however after installing the latest BIOS, the
> only options I had for CAS latency was 2.5 and 3. I had a CAS2 option
> before updating the BIOS. What gives?

Maybe the mobo chipset doesnt behave well with cas2 thats why they
disabled it.It might depend on the brand of memory as to if the bios
will give you the cas2 option.

>
> Lastly, I also have a computer with RAID0 running on an ABIT IC7-MAX3,
> and in both computer I've found that at random junctures, the computer
> will become EXTREMELY slow, even if just pulling up the task manager
> (15-30 seconds just to draw the window on the screen). If I
> CTRL+ALT+DEL, the computer will respond normally. The only common
> denominator is the RAID0 via Intel's southbridge.

Hm, it might be the antivirus software to blame, if you have any. Try
to see how many physical memory is available at that point of
slowness. If you have windows millenium, this is a OS bug. Have you
installed the latest drivers for intel raid?

> Thanks in Advance!
Thank you too.

Ritchie Stephenson
April 24th 04, 09:20 PM
I had the same problem with the processor usage show 70% all the time with
system idle, turned out to be a faulty graphics card. (Radeon
9800XT)and(GA-8IK1100 Rev 2.0)
Warranty exchange card, now no problem at all.

"Dimitris" > wrote in message
m...
> (Robert Bouillon) wrote in message
>...
> > I installed a new motherboard (8KNXP 2.0), and I after many hours of
> > fuss I found out that if I installed RAID0 and Intel's Application
> > Accellerator, I could not install the latest catalyst drivers for a
> > Radeon 9600 Pro.
> >
> What if you first install catalyst drivers and then intel application
> accellerator? Anyway, dont think that intel application accellerator
> does much in games.
>
> > Also, I have CAS2 RAM, however after installing the latest BIOS, the
> > only options I had for CAS latency was 2.5 and 3. I had a CAS2 option
> > before updating the BIOS. What gives?
>
> Maybe the mobo chipset doesnt behave well with cas2 thats why they
> disabled it.It might depend on the brand of memory as to if the bios
> will give you the cas2 option.
>
> >
> > Lastly, I also have a computer with RAID0 running on an ABIT IC7-MAX3,
> > and in both computer I've found that at random junctures, the computer
> > will become EXTREMELY slow, even if just pulling up the task manager
> > (15-30 seconds just to draw the window on the screen). If I
> > CTRL+ALT+DEL, the computer will respond normally. The only common
> > denominator is the RAID0 via Intel's southbridge.
>
> Hm, it might be the antivirus software to blame, if you have any. Try
> to see how many physical memory is available at that point of
> slowness. If you have windows millenium, this is a OS bug. Have you
> installed the latest drivers for intel raid?
>
> > Thanks in Advance!
> Thank you too.