PDA

View Full Version : Re: Require list of IDE controller chipsets

David B.
April 19th 04, 11:43 PM
Buy the motherboard that you want, not just because of the chipset, a simple repair install after the motherboard will take care of
the problem.

"Piotr Makley" > wrote in message ...
> kony > wrote:
> >
> > Since Maxtor doesn't make ATA controller chipsets it's going
> > to be one of the popular soft-raid controllers, probably
> > Promise Ultra100 in disguise... and yes, will work with any
> > drive.
>

> I am interested in IDE controller chipsets because I need to keep
> an eye on the model of the controllers for when I change the mobo.
>
> Seems that WinXP gets installed with a driver for only one
> particular IDE controller.
>
> Where can I get a list of controller chipsets used over the last
> three years or so?

David B.
April 22nd 04, 12:11 AM
Only thing you'll need to do is reinstall the Windows updates and maybe some drivers, not enough of a hassle in my opinion to base a
motherboard purchase on a chipset.