PDA

View Full Version : Anu Comments on this ram

Don Murphy
April 18th 04, 02:51 AM
I have now received my K8NNXP and am now looking at ram. I have it
down to 2 Kingston Hyper x 3500 or Mushkin PC4000. Anyone use either
of these. I have used Mushkin in the past and their ram has always
worked well for me. I have never had to return 1 stick.

Thank You
Don Murphy

S.Heenan
April 18th 04, 12:59 PM
Don Murphy" <murphy"don wrote:
> I have now received my K8NNXP and am now looking at ram. I have it
> down to 2 Kingston Hyper x 3500 or Mushkin PC4000. Anyone use either
> of these. I have used Mushkin in the past and their ram has always
> worked well for me. I have never had to return 1 stick.

Here's the PC3200 list from Gigabyte:
http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/TechnologyGuide/TechnologyGuide_73.htm

Crucial
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Giga-Byte%2B+Motherboards&mfr=Giga-Byte&cat=RAM&model=GA-K8NNXP&submit=Go

Chances are good both Kingston and Muskin will work, provided you set speeds
and timings manually. You want non-ECC and unregistered PC3200 or faster.

Don Murphy
April 18th 04, 05:35 PM
Thank You

Don Murphy

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:59:47 GMT, "S.Heenan" > wrote:

>Don Murphy" <murphy"don wrote:
>> I have now received my K8NNXP and am now looking at ram. I have it
>> down to 2 Kingston Hyper x 3500 or Mushkin PC4000. Anyone use either
>> of these. I have used Mushkin in the past and their ram has always
>> worked well for me. I have never had to return 1 stick.
>

>Here's the PC3200 list from Gigabyte:
>http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/TechnologyGuide/TechnologyGuide_73.htm
>
>Crucial
>http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Giga-Byte%2B+Motherboards&mfr=Giga-Byte&cat=RAM&model=GA-K8NNXP&submit=Go
>

>Chances are good both Kingston and Muskin will work, provided you set speeds
>and timings manually. You want non-ECC and unregistered PC3200 or faster.

S.Heenan
April 18th 04, 06:34 PM
Don Murphy" <murphy"don wrote:
> Thank You
>
> Don Murphy
>
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:59:47 GMT, "S.Heenan" > wrote:
>
>> Don Murphy" <murphy"don wrote:
>>> I have now received my K8NNXP and am now looking at ram. I have it
>>> down to 2 Kingston Hyper x 3500 or Mushkin PC4000. Anyone use either
>>> of these. I have used Mushkin in the past and their ram has always
>>> worked well for me. I have never had to return 1 stick.
>>

>> Here's the PC3200 list from Gigabyte:

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/TechnologyGuide/TechnologyGuide_73.htm

>> Crucial

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Giga-Byte%2B+Motherboards&mfr=Giga-Byte&cat=RAM&model=GA-K8NNXP&submit=Go

>> Chances are good both Kingston and Muskin will work, provided you
>> set speeds and timings manually. You want non-ECC and unregistered
>> PC3200 or faster.

If you have no plans to exceed 200MHz, overclock, buying PC3500 or better is
unnecessary.

Don Murphy
April 19th 04, 01:43 AM
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 17:34:27 GMT, "S.Heenan" > wrote:

>Don Murphy" <murphy"don wrote:
>> Thank You
>>
>> Don Murphy

>>> Here's the PC3200 list from Gigabyte:
>>>
>http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/TechnologyGuide/TechnologyGuide_73.htm
>>>
>>> Crucial
>>>
>http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Giga-Byte%2B+Motherboards&mfr=Giga-Byte&cat=RAM&model=GA-K8NNXP&submit=Go
>>>

>>> Chances are good both Kingston and Muskin will work, provided you
>>> set speeds and timings manually. You want non-ECC and unregistered
>>> PC3200 or faster.
>

>If you have no plans to exceed 200MHz, overclock, buying PC3500 or better is
>unnecessary.

I have no plans to overclock. I need stable as this is a workstation
that I will be doing video editing on. I se now I only need PC3200
and I can get a better deal on Mushkin PC3200.

Thank You
Don Murphy

S.Heenan
April 19th 04, 02:56 AM
Don Murphy" <murphy"don wrote:

>> If you have no plans to exceed 200MHz, overclock, buying PC3500 or
>> better is unnecessary.
>>
> I have no plans to overclock. I need stable as this is a workstation
> that I will be doing video editing on. I se now I only need PC3200
> and I can get a better deal on Mushkin PC3200.

By all means, buy the Mushkin PC3200. Excellent stuff. I understand Fry's
has it on special from time to time.

Zac
April 19th 04, 04:02 AM
Outpost had the Geil DDR400 dual "Basic" kits (512 and 1gig) on sale
for $189 last week. So far I've been very impressed and they are dead
stable at a much higher overclock then my previous Crucial sticks.
Despite their rated timing of 2.5, 4, 4, 8 even geil tech support says
to set them to 2.5, 3, 3, 6 and sure enough, they're dead stable at
this timing.

Zac

"S.Heenan" > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Don Murphy" <murphy"don wrote:
> > Thank You
> >
> > Don Murphy

> >> Here's the PC3200 list from Gigabyte:
> >>
> http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/TechnologyGuide/TechnologyGuide_73.htm
> >>
> >> Crucial
> >>
> http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Giga-Byte%2B+Motherboards&mfr=Giga-Byte&cat=RAM&model=GA-K8NNXP&submit=Go
> >>

> >> Chances are good both Kingston and Muskin will work, provided you
> >> set speeds and timings manually. You want non-ECC and unregistered
> >> PC3200 or faster.
>

> If you have no plans to exceed 200MHz, overclock, buying PC3500 or better is
> unnecessary.

S.Heenan
April 19th 04, 11:00 AM
Zac wrote:
> Outpost had the Geil DDR400 dual "Basic" kits (512 and 1gig) on sale
> for $189 last week. So far I've been very impressed and they are dead
> stable at a much higher overclock then my previous Crucial sticks.
> Despite their rated timing of 2.5, 4, 4, 8 even geil tech support says
> to set them to 2.5, 3, 3, 6 and sure enough, they're dead stable at
> this timing.

Crucial is a fine product, at or very near rated speed. I use it often, with
good results. It is not the best choice for overclocking. Corsair, Mushkin,
some BuffaloTech, and from what you report, Geil, are better choices.