PDA

View Full Version : Memory for GA-K8NNXP

Don Murphy
April 13th 04, 05:57 AM
I will be receiving this GA-K8NNXP MB in 3 days.I want it stable and
no overclocking.I am looking at Mushkin 3200 any othe suggestions.I
see Kingston mentioned what model or type.

Thank You
Don Murphy

Barry Walsh
April 13th 04, 06:28 AM
Don Murphy wrote:
> I will be receiving this GA-K8NNXP MB in 3 days.I want it stable and
> no overclocking.I am looking at Mushkin 3200 any othe suggestions.I
> see Kingston mentioned what model or type.
>
> Thank You
> Don Murphy

I've got Corsair XMS 3200 CAS2 running without complaint at 440MHz here.

Bob Davis
April 15th 04, 11:48 PM
I'm using two matched pairs of KVR400X64C3AK2/1G in my 8KNXP (2gb total)
with no problems. I started with 1gb last June and added another 1gb in
August. Both are matched pairs running in dual-channel mode. Very stable,
with only one BSOD when I was playing with ICH5R SATA drivers and bios
settings before adding a drive. In that case I knew what I had done and
corrected it.

"Don Murphy" > wrote in message
> I will be receiving this GA-K8NNXP MB in 3 days.I want it stable and
> no overclocking.I am looking at Mushkin 3200 any othe suggestions.I
> see Kingston mentioned what model or type.
>
> Thank You
> Don Murphy

Tim
April 16th 04, 06:50 AM
Don,

The recommended memory list for the K8NNXP is here:

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/TechnologyGuide/TechnologyGuide
_73.htm

- Tim

"Don Murphy" > wrote in message
> I will be receiving this GA-K8NNXP MB in 3 days.I want it stable and
> no overclocking.I am looking at Mushkin 3200 any othe suggestions.I
> see Kingston mentioned what model or type.
>
> Thank You
> Don Murphy

Tim
April 16th 04, 06:51 AM
Bob, the OP has K8NNXP.... GA has some wonderful product codes...

news:[email protected]