PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Mouse Problems

Colin J. Paterson
April 10th 04, 10:41 PM
Is there any way to cut power to the PS2 Mouse Port when i shut the system
down? I have power on mouse disabled in the BIOS but the mouse still lights
up when I shut the computer down.

S.Heenan
April 11th 04, 04:39 PM
Colin J. Paterson wrote:
> Is there any way to cut power to the PS2 Mouse Port when i shut the
> system down? I have power on mouse disabled in the BIOS but the mouse
> still lights up when I shut the computer down.

If the mouse is actually a USB mouse with a PS/2 adapter, use the adapter to
plug the mouse in to a powered USB hub. Kill power to the hub when shutting
down.

Colin J. Paterson
April 11th 04, 07:22 PM
Unfortuneately I am getting very poor mouse performance when it is in the
USB port. It seems to be a lot less precise even though a program I have
claims it is updating at 125Hz through USB and 100Hz through PS/2. No one
has come up with any ideas however on why the USB performance is so poor.

Thanks

news:[email protected]