PDA

View Full Version : GA-7N400 PRO 2 rev.2 questions

Larry Stone
April 7th 04, 03:10 PM
I am running a 3200+ on this board with a single 80 gig drive cinnected to
the ITE RAID controller. It is a fast and reliable system but I have a few
questions.

Device Manager shows the built-in Realtec network adapter (which I am using)
and also a 1394 network adapter. I am not sure what this second adapter is
or how to use it. I have the 1394 firewire port enabled but have not used
it.

The ITE RAID controller is installed and configured properly in Device
Manager but if I try to open the RAID manager, I get a stop screen and
reboot. Could this be because there is only one drive attached?

My only complaint with this board so far is that due to a capacitor placed
too close to the ZIF socket, I could not use the heatsink I wanted. The CPU
temp never goes over 51C so it is not a problem.

jpsga
April 7th 04, 10:36 PM
A 1394 *network adapter* ??
AFAIK there is only network adaptor and that is the Realtec. I disabled the
1394 FireWire as I don't use it.

But gee ... you done good. I could not use my choice of HSF because of that
cap and I am running about 61 C.
JPS

"Larry Stone" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s52...
> I am running a 3200+ on this board with a single 80 gig drive cinnected to
> the ITE RAID controller. It is a fast and reliable system but I have a few
> questions.
>
> Device Manager shows the built-in Realtec network adapter (which I am
using)
> and also a 1394 network adapter. I am not sure what this second adapter is
> or how to use it. I have the 1394 firewire port enabled but have not used
> it.
>
> The ITE RAID controller is installed and configured properly in Device
> Manager but if I try to open the RAID manager, I get a stop screen and
> reboot. Could this be because there is only one drive attached?
>
> My only complaint with this board so far is that due to a capacitor placed
> too close to the ZIF socket, I could not use the heatsink I wanted. The
CPU
> temp never goes over 51C so it is not a problem.

Jason Ash
April 9th 04, 01:53 AM
"Larry Stone" > waxed eloquent in
news:[email protected]_s52:

> I am running a 3200+ on this board with a single 80 gig drive
> cinnected to the ITE RAID controller. It is a fast and reliable system
> but I have a few questions.
>
> Device Manager shows the built-in Realtec network adapter (which I am
> using) and also a 1394 network adapter. I am not sure what this second
> adapter is or how to use it. I have the 1394 firewire port enabled but
> have not used it.
>
> The ITE RAID controller is installed and configured properly in Device
> Manager but if I try to open the RAID manager, I get a stop screen and
> reboot. Could this be because there is only one drive attached?
>
> My only complaint with this board so far is that due to a capacitor
> placed too close to the ZIF socket, I could not use the heatsink I
> wanted. The CPU temp never goes over 51C so it is not a problem.

If you are using WinXP, it sees a FireWire connecter as a possible
network adapter. Using the correct cable, you could concievably connect
two PCs through FireWire ports. A stupid and useless way to do it, but
hey.

I also was almost unable to use the HSF I wanted on my board. I got
around it by taking a hacksaw to the HSF, and trimming the corner that
was in contact with the capacitor to get it to fit. Boy, did I not want
to trim down my HSF, a nice Vantec AeroFlow.

Jason A.

--
Reply to for SPAM only

All others use: