PDA

View Full Version : GA-8KNXP WOL Using The On Board Gigalan

Phil E
April 7th 04, 07:52 AM
Hello

Does this board support WOL using the onboard lan socket? Everything I have
read says you need an optional cable to plug the board into the network card
to use this feature. I can see the socket on the board but not on the
gigalan socket.

I have tried to find some information about this on google but all I find is
page after page of motherboard retailer claiming that the board supports it
but not mentioning the on board lan socket. Surely I don't have to buy a
LAN card to use this feature, or do I?

Dominic Phoon
April 7th 04, 04:57 PM
Yup you can use the WOL feature through the motherboard LAN connection. The
WOL connector is only if you install another WOL capable LAN card. Otherwise
you can enable WOL through the IntelPRO software.

.. .