PDA

View Full Version : GA-8IK1100 Rev 1.0 will not boot.

Ritchie Stephenson
April 6th 04, 02:15 PM
Will not boot to operating system, hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool" anyone any
ideas, would upgrade the BIOS help?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Ritchie.

sig666
April 6th 04, 05:54 PM
Ritchie Stephenson wrote:
> Will not boot to operating system, hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool" anyone any
> ideas, would upgrade the BIOS help?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any replies.
>
> Ritchie.

Pull PCI cards, disconnect devices and see what that does.

Dimitris
April 6th 04, 08:48 PM
"Ritchie Stephenson" > wrote in message >...
> Will not boot to operating system, hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool" anyone any
> ideas, would upgrade the BIOS help?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any replies.
>
> Ritchie.

Clear CMOS. Load Bios defaults. Check USB plugs.

Mr E
April 6th 04, 09:55 PM
Ritchie Stephenson wrote:
> Will not boot to operating system, hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool"
> anyone any ideas, would upgrade the BIOS help?
>
> Many thanks in advance for any replies.
>
> Ritchie.

As the DMI message comes at the end of the POST sequence, the next thing
which happens is booting from the hard disk. I would suggest you check your
hard disk connections. If you have other devices (such as floppy, CD) set up
earlier than the hard drive in the boot sequence, it could be one of them
that is preventing booting.

If you have recently added a CD drive or a new hard drive, check that you
have set the jumpers (master, slave etc) to the correct settings.

Good luck,

John.

juzuz
April 7th 04, 06:33 AM
My board did the same thing. Read my posts and replies from Juzuz. I hope
you have better luck with your board. I had to RMA mine.

Sally

"Ritchie Stephenson" > wrote
in message .. .