PDA

View Full Version : Re: 8KNXP Random Beeps playing game

Kris Vorwerk
April 5th 04, 12:49 AM
"Striker" > wrote in message >...
> While playing Tiger Woods 2004 I get a low pitched beep every now and then.
> Could someone tell me what's causing this. Thanks,

I, too, get sporadic beeps. My system is currently using the latest
(F10) bios, and I have 5 case fans in my system -- I've checked and
re-checked, and temperatures are all fine.

(I should also point out that my first 8KNXP failed a month ago;
Gigabyte replaced it, as it was under warranty, but even the
replacement mobo beeps sporadically.)

As another poster has mentioned, I suspect that it's a
misinterpretation of the CPU fan speed and/or temperature (for any one
of a number of reasons) by the BIOS.

I have found that disabling fan/temperature warnings can reduce the
number of beeps, but they still occur ever so often (if I've been
playing a game for a little while).

Tim
April 5th 04, 03:52 AM
Have you considered unplugging the internal speaker?
I did this on day one as the normal Post beep was louder than I could
tolerate.
- Tim

om...