PDA

View Full Version : GA-7n400 Pro BIOS

RS
August 30th 03, 12:00 AM
I have a strange problem. I have a GA-700N Pro MB and was using the onboard
Network adapter for my DSL. I flashed the BIOS from F9 to F10 using
Q-Flash and everything went smoothly. However, my DSL network connection
will no longer work using the built in Network Adapter. I installed a spare
3-Com adapter and my DSL works fine with it. Any ideas as to why flashing
the BIOS would cause the onboard Network to fail and how I can fix it?
Thanks.

Fred
August 30th 03, 11:07 AM
"RS" > wrote in message
> I have a strange problem. I have a GA-700N Pro MB and was using the
onboard
> Network adapter for my DSL. I flashed the BIOS from F9 to F10 using
> Q-Flash and everything went smoothly. However, my DSL network connection
> will no longer work using the built in Network Adapter. I installed a
spare
> 3-Com adapter and my DSL works fine with it. Any ideas as to why flashing
> the BIOS would cause the onboard Network to fail and how I can fix it?
> Thanks.

Your motherboards onboard NIC has lost it's MAC address. Quite a common
problem with GA7 series motherboards. Visit this forum for possible
solutions: http://www.amdforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11

Paul
August 30th 03, 06:08 PM
Had same problem.
F11 Bios is now out official at Gigabyte.
NIC works fine and also dual DDR.

"Fred" > wrote in message
u...

> "RS" > wrote in message
> > I have a strange problem. I have a GA-700N Pro MB and was using the
> onboard
> > Network adapter for my DSL. I flashed the BIOS from F9 to F10 using
> > Q-Flash and everything went smoothly. However, my DSL network
connection
> > will no longer work using the built in Network Adapter. I installed a
> spare
> > 3-Com adapter and my DSL works fine with it. Any ideas as to why
flashing
> > the BIOS would cause the onboard Network to fail and how I can fix it?
> > Thanks.
> >
> Your motherboards onboard NIC has lost it's MAC address. Quite a common
> problem with GA7 series motherboards. Visit this forum for possible
> solutions: http://www.amdforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11

RS
August 30th 03, 07:15 PM
I reflashed my BIOS to F11 and my NIC now works fine again. Thanks for the
info fellas.