PDA

View Full Version : P4 Frequency

Isaac Amarel
August 29th 03, 11:26 AM
I have a GA-8IRXP mainboard with a 1.6 GHz P4 Intel processor.
After a cold boot the speed of the of the processor is 1077 MHz (Checked
with Intel's software and with Aida) and stays the same for all hot boots..
If I turn the computer off when it is still in the bios boot sequence and
immediately afterwards turn it on again (on-off-on) I get the expected speed
of 1600 MHz, it stays at the same speed until the next cold boot.
Any ideas as to the reason for that.

Isaac Amarel

CriticalMass
August 29th 03, 11:46 PM
"Isaac Amarel" > wrote in message
> I have a GA-8IRXP mainboard with a 1.6 GHz P4 Intel processor.
> After a cold boot the speed of the of the processor is 1077 MHz (Checked
> with Intel's software and with Aida) and stays the same for all hot
boots..
> If I turn the computer off when it is still in the bios boot sequence and
> immediately afterwards turn it on again (on-off-on) I get the expected
speed
> of 1600 MHz, it stays at the same speed until the next cold boot.
> Any ideas as to the reason for that.

I expected to see the 3.2Ghz for my processor as well with the 8KNXP board I
bought, but didn't, until I changed it in the bios.

That kind of crap shouldn't happen, IMO. Gigabyte bios issues appear to be
legion, at least from the ng posts we all see.

Timothy Drouillard
August 30th 03, 12:24 AM
My 3.2Ghz has worked perfectly right from the first power-up with no changes
in the BIOS ever needed.