PDA

View Full Version : GA 7N400 PRO hangs rebooting

Duckstab
August 29th 03, 12:30 AM
I've just built a system running a GA 7N400 PRO w/ a AMD XP 2500 (333 fsb)
and 2 x 512 sticks of PC3200 ram.
I'm running Win XP. When I need to reboot it won't reboot. I have to unplug
it for a few minutes or press the reset set button for a few minutes to get
it to reboot. Once it's running Windows it seems to be fine. Can anyone help
me?
Also, how do I tell which bios ver. I'm running?
Thanks, Mike

mouse777
August 29th 03, 06:47 AM
At POST you would see the BIOS Version, something like GA 7N400Pro F9 or
whatever.
I see your using dual channel mode and this board has been known to have
issues on F9 bios and under.
You should try F11 Bios, it is available at the Gigabyte Website.

BTW using Qflash (at BIOS Setup Screen) and flash it from floppy

"Duckstab" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I've just built a system running a GA 7N400 PRO w/ a AMD XP 2500 (333 fsb)
> and 2 x 512 sticks of PC3200 ram.
> I'm running Win XP. When I need to reboot it won't reboot. I have to
unplug
> it for a few minutes or press the reset set button for a few minutes to
get
> it to reboot. Once it's running Windows it seems to be fine. Can anyone
help
> me?
> Also, how do I tell which bios ver. I'm running?
> Thanks, Mike

Duckstab
August 30th 03, 01:00 AM
It appears I have a bad stick of ram.