PDA

View Full Version : 700n pro2 and heatsinks

CC
August 28th 03, 01:00 AM
i have the 700npro2 board. i tried installing a volcano 7 on my 2600+ XP but
there is a capacitor that blocks the heatsink. is there any quality heatsink
that will fit on this board?

~jag
August 31st 03, 03:42 PM
I managed to get my Vantec Areocool on there but had to bend a
capcitor just a bit to do it, Its a VERY tight fit. But it does.
SiSoftware Sandra reports:

Temperature Sensor(s)
Board Temperature : 36.0C / 96.8F
CPU Temperature : 29.0C / 84.2F

Richard Hammond
September 1st 03, 03:52 PM
"~jag" > wrote in message

> I managed to get my Vantec Areocool on there but had to bend a
> capcitor just a bit to do it, Its a VERY tight fit. But it does.
> SiSoftware Sandra reports:
>

> Temperature Sensor(s)
> Board Temperature : 36.0C / 96.8F
> CPU Temperature : 29.0C / 84.2F

Sandra doesn't seem to report the correct temperatures for this board. For
me it reports Board: 30.0C , CPU, 29.0C and Power at 56.0C

The bios reports (new, F3 bios), CPU 56C and System at 30C which is more
realistic.

I fitted a Volcano 11+ on there, but also had to bend the capacitor
slightly.

Richard.

Trevor Dennis
September 2nd 03, 07:42 PM
"Richard Hammond" > wrote in message

> The bios reports (new, F3 bios), CPU 56C and System at 30C which is more
> realistic.

Richard, are you happy with the CPU temp.? I've just put a 2100+ in
a 700 PRO 2, and it is running 48C with the case open. The same CPU
ran at 42C in my old (now dead) Epox MB, and at 34C under Vcool.

I notice from another thread that Vcore is set on the high side, and mine
is 1.85V with no way, that I can see, of lowering it. I have other problems
with the board, but will post a new thread to air them.