PDA

View Full Version : 8KNXP & Radeon 9700 AIW Power Boost

Alphad
August 26th 03, 06:27 PM
I have a 8KNXP with an Antec truepower 430 watt psu along with a 3 gig p4
processor and a gig of ram. The motherboard requires i up the voltage to
the AGP card by +.2 otherwise windows will reboor randomly. Anyone else
having this problem. I'm not overclocking anything.

HardwareTek
August 26th 03, 06:37 PM
Use these links to figure out your power requirements...

http://www.challenge-my.com/goopsulator/

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

"Alphad" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I have a 8KNXP with an Antec truepower 430 watt psu along with a 3 gig p4
> processor and a gig of ram. The motherboard requires i up the voltage to
> the AGP card by +.2 otherwise windows will reboor randomly. Anyone else
> having this problem. I'm not overclocking anything.

Alphad
August 26th 03, 07:33 PM
It's not the lack of power since increasing the voltage works. Is this a
known issue of the 8KNXP boards. Are they not able to provide enought
voltage at the default settings to the AGP slot?

"HardwareTek" > wrote in message
. ca...
> Use these links to figure out your power requirements...
>
> http://www.challenge-my.com/goopsulator/
>
> http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/
>
> "Alphad" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I have a 8KNXP with an Antec truepower 430 watt psu along with a 3 gig
p4
> > processor and a gig of ram. The motherboard requires i up the voltage
> > the AGP card by +.2 otherwise windows will reboor randomly. Anyone else
> > having this problem. I'm not overclocking anything.

steph
August 27th 03, 08:12 AM
"Alphad" > a écrit dans le message de
news:[email protected]
> I have a 8KNXP with an Antec truepower 430 watt psu along with a 3 gig p4
> processor and a gig of ram. The motherboard requires i up the voltage to
> the AGP card by +.2 otherwise windows will reboor randomly. Anyone else
> having this problem. I'm not overclocking anything.

Exactly the same problem and quite the same configuration.
I solved the problem (not totaly) by Vagp+0.1 and Vram+0.2
I thought first that the problem comes from corsair XMS 256k x2