PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ga-8ihxp lan chip going to sleep

James
August 26th 03, 08:06 AM
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:50:48 -0600, luckyflyer >
wrote:

>Greetings,
>I know I have seen a post regarding the realtek lan chip going to
>sleep issue on this groupin the past but now I can't find it. I've
>called Gigabyte tech suppot and the person there acted like he had
>never heard of this problem before. I have downloaded the latest
>driver from the Gibyte site and have also checked the realtek site for
>any info regarding this problem but have come up empty. Can anyone
>point me in the right direction on this? tia

Run this. You might have to boot from a win98 startup disk first and
then run RSET8139.EXE from DOS prompt.

Setup/diagnostic program (DOS program)
ftp://152.104.125.40/cn/nic/rtl8139abcd8130810xseries/rset8139-503.zip

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?Keyword=rset8139-503.zip#16DOS

luckyflyer
August 27th 03, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the info, unfortunately that didn't help. Whats
interesting about this is that I installed a link sys t100 pci nic and
it does the same thing. A couple of hous of non use and it will not
work, reboot and every thing is fine. Any ideas? tia